1. How many years have you been a new home builder? 15 Years experience respectively.
2. How long does it normally take to build a Texas custom home? Typically 4 to 12 months, depending on weather, size, complexity, and location.
3. Where do you build? McKinney
Custom Homes, Princeton
Custom Homes, Anna
Custom Homes, Van Alstyne
Custom Homes, Celina
Custom Homes, Gunter
Custom Homes, Propser
Custom Homes, Frisco Custom Homes and surrounding areas.
4. What are your fees? We are a design/build firm and usually charge on a cost plus basis with full disclosure of cost. We will work on a lump sum basis once the project is clearly defined, including engineered plans and complete specifications.
5. Should I already have home plans? Some of our clients come to us with completed plans, but many are designing custom using one of our architects/designers. Our goal is to understand your budget and to make sure you are designing and specifying a home that you are going to be able to afford to build and live in.
6. What is your price per square foot? This number is dependent on the engineered plans, specifications, materials of construction, shape of the home, style of foundation, finish and trim package, etc., etc. There are many factors that affect the price per square foot and during our design process we educate our clients on all of these factors. We have recently completed homes from $90/sqft to $240/sqft.
7. What size and style homes do you build? Our typical homes are custom homes in the 1,800 to 7,000 square foot range. We are currently doing some outside these ranges, but this is fairly representative. We work with the premier architects and designers in McKinney and surrounding areas.
8. What do you know about building green
or energy efficient homes? We have built many homes that fall under the "green" category. Every project we do has some aspect of Green building, from the materials we select, to the orientation of the home on the lot, to the energy efficiency of the HVAC and appliances, to the types of paint and flooring, etc. We help our clients decide which areas of Green construction are appropriate for their goals and budget.
9. Do I need my own lot? Many of our customers have a lot or land when they come to us, but there are plenty of others that do not have land yet. We are happy to help you find land in the area you are planning to live and to evaluate the suitability of the lot/land for your project. Considerations will include price, size, shape, demolition, clearing, easements, setbacks, HOA and deed restrictions, flood elevation, comps, and numerous other factors.
10. Do you "the builder" finance the construction project? Since each of our projects is custom, each client will need a construction loan. We work hand in hand with several lenders that go out of their way to meet the special needs of a custom built home. We are approved with many banks and brokers and can recommend excellent sources of finance, or we are willing to work with the lender of your choice.